can i get the phone via att?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by omar4578, Oct 11, 2011.

1. omar4578 macrumors regular

omar4578

ok, so instead of waiting in line at the apple store, (which i kinda want to do but not really :confused: ), anyways i wanted to know if i can get an iphone 4s via waiting in line at my local att store...im new to this getting the iphone on the first day thing...any help will be appreciatiated :)

also the main reason i dont want to wait in line at apple store at 3am is because im under my dads plan, and i want to split from it but still want my old number, so he doesnt want to wait in line...any suggestions on that? can i just write down his acct info and then apple will do the changes for me? and if so what exactly do i need? :eek: thanks

2. wutang61 macrumors regular

have him add you as an "authorized" user. (you can do this over the phone) this way you can make changes yourself in store.

3. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

Yes you can but be aware that they won't have as many iPhone 4S's as the Apple Store.

4. omar4578, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

omar4578 thread starter macrumors regular

omar4578

is it worth it waiting in line at the apple store or does it really not matter?

EDIT: i just changed it and it says "this user can can make authorized changes at a retail store", will apple count as a retail store? also will i need to know the password and my dads account info like his social and stuff?

if i call my local store will they provide me with info on when i should get in line, or how many they have in stock?

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Waiting at the AT&T store is probably the best idea. Apple stores will have the longest lines

Granted, the AT&T will still be long