Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omar4578

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
SoCal
ok, so instead of waiting in line at the apple store, (which i kinda want to do but not really :confused: ), anyways i wanted to know if i can get an iphone 4s via waiting in line at my local att store...im new to this getting the iphone on the first day thing...any help will be appreciatiated :)

also the main reason i dont want to wait in line at apple store at 3am is because im under my dads plan, and i want to split from it but still want my old number, so he doesnt want to wait in line...any suggestions on that? can i just write down his acct info and then apple will do the changes for me? and if so what exactly do i need? :eek: thanks

wutang61

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2011
ok, so instead of waiting in line at the apple store, (which i kinda want to do but not really :confused: ), anyways i wanted to know if i can get an iphone 4s via waiting in line at my local att store...im new to this getting the iphone on the first day thing...any help will be appreciatiated :)

also the main reason i dont want to wait in line at apple store at 3am is because im under my dads plan, and i want to split from it but still want my old number, so he doesnt want to wait in line...any suggestions on that? can i just write down his acct info and then apple will do the changes for me? and if so what exactly do i need? :eek: thanks

have him add you as an "authorized" user. (you can do this over the phone) this way you can make changes yourself in store.

lilj4425

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2007
Yes you can but be aware that they won't have as many iPhone 4S's as the Apple Store.

omar4578

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
SoCal
have him add you as an "authorized" user. (you can do this over the phone) this way you can make changes yourself in store.

is it worth it waiting in line at the apple store or does it really not matter?

EDIT: i just changed it and it says "this user can can make authorized changes at a retail store", will apple count as a retail store? also will i need to know the password and my dads account info like his social and stuff?

Yes you can but be aware that they won't have as many iPhone 4S's as the Apple Store.

if i call my local store will they provide me with info on when i should get in line, or how many they have in stock?

Last edited:

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.

Waiting at the AT&T store is probably the best idea. Apple stores will have the longest lines

Granted, the AT&T will still be long

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.