Can I get this to work with Macbook Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Gala, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Gala macrumors regular

I need to get a new laptop for work and the only necessary software I need it to run is my practice management software. I'm thinking of getting an Air since I might as well utilize the machine for personal use too. My question is, can I get this practice management software to work on an Air? Its min requirements are:

Operating Systems: Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 or greater
    Processor: 1 GHz or greater
    Hard Disk Space: 16GB available disk space (support agent says they don't support Flash Storage)
    Memory: 1GB (32-bit), 2GB (64-bit
    Graphics: Support for DirectX 9 graphics with minimum 128MB RAM

Would a windows partition or Parallels work for getting the software running on the Air? Would an external hard disk drive work if it doesn't support Flash Storage?

2. bit density macrumors 6502

Probably, and it is more than likely to work with the Flash storage on the air, The software is extremely unlikely to know that the SSD is not an actual hard drive. It is also unlikely the software will run in such a way that it will be able to detect that it is running in Parallels.

That said, you will likely NOT get tech support for this. The company and tech support will blame your setup FIRST and not for failures in their software.

If you can live without tech support, then there you go. If tech support is a requirement, and the software is a requirement, then you should limit yourself to machines that the software makers "recommend". If you don't require them, then go ahead and do this.