Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
So have a 2G unlocked n JB on 1.1.4, not sure how as it was second hand. Can I just go from 1.1.4 to 2.2 and still keep unlock?

Is there anything I need to be careful with as tbh just want unlocked 2.2 rather than jb 2.2?

cheers

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Great thanks. So I just update with iTunes then use quickpwn on my Ali MacBook.

This won't effect my stock 3 g iPhone? Should I restore from back up or just star again have unlock? I assume unlock and jb are the same thing?

teosar

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2008
Hello,
I just updated my 1st gen iphone 1.1.4 to 2.2 with itunes, but when I tried to jailbreak it and unlock it with QuickPwn 2.2 it stucks in......wait while your iphone is prepared for jailbreaking. Any suggestions pls?

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Hello,
I just updated my 1st gen iphone 1.1.4 to 2.2 with itunes, but when I tried to jailbreak it and unlock it with QuickPwn 2.2 it stucks in......wait while your iphone is prepared for jailbreaking. Any suggestions pls?

oh dear sorry to hear that. may wait then.

can you go back to 1.1.4?

artp1212

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2008
do this: restore your iphone in itunes and that should update it to a fresh 2.2. Then download and run quickpwn, and the unlock will be back. Only use quickpwn if your iPhone is a 1st gen.

I have a slightly different situation, to be really specific, I've jailbroken my 2G phone after 2.0 came out, but never upgraded since the jailbreak. I want to upgrade from a jailbroken 2.0 to 2.2. Do I upgrade the software to 2.2 on itunes thereby locking it again and then use quickpwn, or do I have to do a restore from my latest itunes backup, or something else? Thanks.

jmann

macrumors 604
I have a slightly different situation, to be really specific, I've jailbroken my 2G phone after 2.0 came out, but never upgraded since the jailbreak. I want to upgrade from a jailbroken 2.0 to 2.2. Do I upgrade the software to 2.2 on itunes thereby locking it again and then use quickpwn, or do I have to do a restore from my latest itunes backup, or something else? Thanks.

Upgrading to 2.2 through iTunes won't get rid of the unlock on your 2G, because the upgrade doesn't change the baseband. Just upgrade and run quickpwn it is that easy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.