Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Epic Xbox Revie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Washington, D.C.
Do we have proof that I can go on a run with just the watch and bluetooth speakers, and having the movement data sync back with my phone when I get home? I think this should be possible, but haven't seen a definitive answer.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
Yes, the watch has 2GB of storage that can be used to store music on for bluetooth playback without a phone nearby, and the watch can use its motion sensors for step-counter purposes, which gets added to the health app on the watch which works with the health app on the phone. You won't get GPS without the phone, though (so you'll get steps made and stairs climbed and stuff, but not distance moved or length of strides, like you'd get with a phone in your pocket).

Last edited:

Cashmonee

macrumors 65832
May 27, 2006
As others have said, yes, of course. You just won't get many of the metrics runners would want, namely distance, and pace. You will get heart rate and time though, which means you can still train effectively, as long as the heart rate is accurate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.