Can i grab SMS history from a newer backup and insert it in an older one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jack.Straw, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Jack.Straw macrumors newbie

Ok, so here's my situation. I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 7.1.2 and jailbroke it with Pango. I then discovered the [Ac!D] Siri 7.x doesn't work with 7.1.2. I also wasn't crazy about the new iOS, but i probably would have gotten used to with experience. Just the same, I don't want to live without Siri! So... i went through the pains of downgrading from 7.1.2 with iFaith and an old version of iTunes. I had to go all the way back to 5.1.1 because that's the newest blob I had available. I intend to stay there until I can hack Siri back onto 7.1.2.

So when i did my restore it wouldn't let me restore from a backup that was newer than the current iOS. I was able to get my hands on an older 5.1.1 backup from 2012 that i had on an old hard drive, so i used that.

My question is this: Is there a way for me to get my SMS and call history data out of one of my newer backups and insert it into an old 5.1.1 backup? There are a ton of folders in each of the backup folders along with the plist files and I have no idea where to start. Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time and help,
    -Jack

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Take a look at iBackupBot and see if it has that feature. It has very robust backup and restore capabilities.