Can I have your advice??

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TRUTH, May 13, 2007.

1. TRUTH macrumors newbie

I wanna visit one of the countries in Asia
    What is the best country that you visited
    and what's the nicest thing about it and the beautiful places there?? How much did u spend?
    I think Turkey is pretty good

2. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I was born in Hong Kong, will be going there in June, can't wait. Alot of my friends here in Canada went back to HK to work because it's fun over there. No matter what time it is, it's packed with people. My plane ticket is pretty expensive though, its $2200 CAD and I will bring about $4000 to spend. I hope thats enough. I can't tell you much more because it's been 20 years since i was there. Below is a picture of HK during Christmas. :cool:

Attached Files:

3. Trogloxene macrumors regular

I went to MacWorld Japan one year. Tokyo was quite interesting, the people were really nice, the museums were great. But the best thing I like was driving up into the snow covered hills outside of town.

-T

4. jng macrumors 65816

jng

Turkey would be cheap. Japan would be expensive.

I wanted to Turkey but didn't make it over there last year. I regret that. But if you could go, then go! And get some authentic kebab. I'm in love with Turkish food.

5. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

That is a loaded question. Best, nicest are completely subjective. Turkey is borderline Asia - middle east actually. Is that what you are really interested in? If so, I recall you making a very religious post earlier today. So, why not go to Israel? Do a 'holy pilgrimage'?

We were going to do a trip two years back, with friends in England. We were going to take the Orient Express from Calais to Istanbul. We were warned-off of going to Turkey. Lots of political unrest - especially for Americans. Do your homework.

My picks - Malaysia and/or Hong Kong.

6. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

You're going to have tons of variety and options in Asia, it being the biggest continent and housing more than half of the people...

My favorites from my travels:

Mongolia--lucked out that my visit coincided with the Dalai Lama's. Starkly Beautiful. Mmmm horse.

Turkey--especially Cappadocia and Ephesus, oh, and get the Turkish Massage. It's an experience you'll never forget, no matter how hard you try. :)

Vietnam--I was just around Ho Chi Min City. Fascinating.

India--think of it as all the diversity of Europe in one country.

Russia--Lake Baikal, the pearl of Siberia. Russians. Gotta love 'em.

Israel--for an exploration of Western Religion, it's hard to beat.

Japan--Beautiful. Attention to detail.

And the non-highlights:

China and Hong Kong--Mainly just for my personal tastes and (probably bad) choices while there. Plus, China was a little harder to navigate back when I was there. Probably better now.