Can i install 175.63 NVidia driver in sp2 xp bootcamp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by weste47, Jul 12, 2008.

1. weste47 macrumors newbie

I would like to upgrade my graphics driver as my current one is 167.63, which I think is a little outdated. Could someone post me to which newest version would be the best to install, and how I can install it. Could anyone tell me if you have installed a newer driver and if it runs games better? Thanks so much!

Oh and here's the website with the drivers I was looking at. http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showforum=93

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes the beta drivers are a lot better and they do run games faster.

3. magallanes macrumors regular

Changing the drivers will do any good for the heating trouble with mbp + nvidia (8600gt) ?

4. weste47 thread starter macrumors newbie

wait is the 175.63 a beta driver? If so how do I upgrade my graphics card cleanly.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Just download it, unzip the files, download the modded INF and put that in the unzipped folder; install by clicking the setup program; restart your computer after it's done.

6. weste47 thread starter macrumors newbie

what about cleaning out the old ones or w/e. Do i need to do anythin like that? Which version are you using btw?

7. weste47 thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone know if i can run this driver for sure? If so does it run alot hotter than the 167.63 driver I'm using now? Thanks.

8. kolax macrumors G3

I'm interested too.

How exactly do you install it? I've read on the LaptopVideo forums but I'm a Mac boy, I like simplicity! I hate dealing with low-level Windows.

9. Hydroxs macrumors regular

You really dont need to use driver cleaners unless you are having problems. But if you want you can use one, just look one on google. Its just old remove drivers, boot to Safe Mode, run driver cleaner, install new drivers, and boot to normal.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You don't need a cleaner, and yes this is a beta driver.

11. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

um it might just be me but i cannot find ANY update drivers for the 8600m gt let alone any other mobile gpus
    also in the desktop range the highest is the 175.19 and there is no beta for anything higher.
    where are you getting these drivers?????????

12. weste47 thread starter macrumors newbie

I posted the website in the first post at the bottom. Anyways, I installed the 175.63 driver and so far everything works perfectly. Games to.

13. Maxxx85 macrumors member

im interested as well but am not too familiar with updating drivers for graphics cards. Do I DL the 32 or 64 bit? after that just follow the instructions on this page?

14. Hydroxs macrumors regular

It depends on which version of windows you have

15. weste47 thread starter macrumors newbie

you probably have a 32 bit unless you have installed 4 gigs of ram, then you probably ended up somehow installing, or buying the 64 bit. To install just, download the driver first. Then right click on the Modded inf and save it to the driver folder that you unrar. It should replace the one thats already in there. Then just uninstall the nvidia drivers in controll pannel / uninstall program or w/e (the normal way you uninstall things). Then just restart your computer and run driver sweeper, and only clean out the nvidia display drivers not the chip drivers or anything. Then restart again (I don't think you have to but I did), then just open up the driver folder you downloaded. Scroll down towards the bottom and there should be a setup exe (the blue icon one that says setup). Double click on that and install. Then restart when it tells you to. Then your set.

16. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I have a question.

I have never downloaded any Nvidia driver before so I need some help. I found this driver for my Boot camped XP SP3: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19492

It says it supports 8600M GT. Which means I can install it on my MBP right?

Another question: What is the benefit of downloading an nvidia driver? Will it for instance, make Crysis run faster or something?

17. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Anyone?