Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drew007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2010
Hi, I am a total newbie as far as ipod, iphone etc.
I just bought my first apple product - an ipod touch.

I plan on getting an iphone this summer. My question is... can I use my iTunes account to purchase an app and install it on both my ipod and my iphone (in the future) - and possible on my future ipad? Or am I forced to purchase the app more than once?

navjot

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2009
HI,
I have an ipod touch and iphone and am able to have apps I have purchased on both.

paytonpenn

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2010
As long as your iPhone is on the same iTunes account as your app is then you don't have to rebuy.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
Ok, I've posted this on at least 3 threads but no one responded. :(

If i were to create an itunes account then login, sync it to my computer, then would i be able to sync with my account it to a friends computer and download their apps and such? I know that itunes data is stored on the computer and account so what im asking is can i download data from multiple computers with my account? If not is there a special way i can?

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN

If i were to create an itunes account then login, sync it to my computer, then would i be able to sync with my account it to a friends computer and download their apps and such? I know that itunes data is stored on the computer and account so what im asking is can i download data from multiple computers with my account? If not is there a special way i can?

Are you saying that you want their apps? No that is not supported and is piracy. Their apps are tied to their account and not yours.

fleshman03

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2008
Sioux City, IA

Yeah, no. You can do something similar, if you are using the same account.

For example:
my GF and I share an iTunes account. When I buy a GPS app, she can download use it because we share the same account.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
Are you saying that you want their apps? No that is not supported and is piracy. Their apps are tied to their account and not yours.

Oh, ok. That sucks. Would i be able to join his account?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.