can i install my leopard family pack on 6th machine

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rph105, Nov 27, 2007.

1. rph105 macrumors 6502

rph105

i kno it not legally possible, but is it actually physically impossible, ore does the disc kno you have used it 5 times, and doesnt work for the 6th time??

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If you do, somebody will infect you with a nasty case of crotch lice.

4. iJordo macrumors member

Yes... You can use 1 Single User Disc on 6 computers, if you want to be dishonest with the big guys in Cupertino...lol....Yes it is possible, and I personally see NO real problem with paying 200$ and putting it on as many computers as possible....What are they gonna make you do... pay 400$ to put it on 7 or more computers... thats a rip off! Plus Leopard is NOT a new OS....it is only an upgrade...:apple:

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Notwithstanding the terrible use of the full stop what are you talking about? It is a new OS, not an upgrade.

6. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

Interesting rationalization...

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

For a personal end user in the home, the fines for copyright violations will likely never be imposed.

If you are in a business all it takes is one employee pissed off enough to take a shot at a $1 million reward for license violations.

8. mikeulus macrumors newbie

I went to BestBuy and asked for the family pack. The guy told me that they didn't sell any since the single user version was the same thing. He said buy this and you can use it on all your computers! Not my problem lol. I ended up buying it...

9. benpatient macrumors 68000

Apple will track you down and remove one testicle for every extra install you perform over the maximum number of authorized installs. If you're a female, they will take your children, starting with the youngest (most valuable).

beware...it happened to me. Luckily, I was able to convince them that it was my wife, and not I, who did the extra installation.

We had one too many kids, anyway. Steve Jobs knows best!

10. rph105 thread starter macrumors 6502

rph105

then why the **** did i buy the family pack, shoulda copped the single user

11. feyn-man macrumors regular

In fact, you can just download a cracked version from internet. That is totally free. Why you want to spend your money on it? God will not be happy I think.