Can i install parallels with fusion on my machine?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by kristenanne77, Oct 26, 2014.

1. kristenanne77 macrumors regular

I have a mini-mac about 2 years old and vmware fusion. Mavericks on the mac and window xp run by fusion. Ever since the beginning of installing fusion and running window I have had nothing but headaches, freeze ups and when it did work correctly ... windoz was super-duper-ultra slow. (read as "unusable")
    I am thinking about trying parrellells... can i try it while fusion is on the machine?

Thanks
    K

2. freeuser macrumors regular

Yes, but

if you want to use your current VM vis versa you will get the activation problem of your windows version, better use the shifted/moved option, not the copy. Or you try to use another windows version, not the same, because it will be seen as a new computer! Or try the new Windows 10 instead.

3. kristenanne77 thread starter macrumors regular

I did a "restore point" and got windows working again ... although slow (but not as slow as before).

I plan to stick with windoz xp, even though windoz 7 seems pretty good., mainly because i do not want to reinstall everything all over again.
    As far as your windoz 10 idea, I usually wait about 3 years till the bugs are out.

Frankly I am getting tired of spending money for software to do a hundred extra things I will never use AND probably even more importantly, wasting precious time to learn how to use all these supossedly "user friendly" features. (And that means both windows and apple).

Thanks
    K

4. J232022, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014

J232022 macrumors member

Your Mac should be fine for running Windows , I would try using the free Virtualbox , I thought vmware made the free Vmware Player for mac but it looks like that is only available on Windows or Linux for free .