Can I install ShapeShifter without Net Access?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kardashian, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Hey Guys..

I still don't have internet access at home, and I'm wondering can I download the ShapeShifter app in DMG form, and the themes I want.. stick them on CD and install them on my MacBook at home? Will all function OK?

Just checking as somethings telling me it needs internet access for some reason.. might just be me, thought :eek:

2. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I'm pretty sure you don't need an internet connection to install it, but you do need one to download the themes for it.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

That'll work fine. The themes can be downloaded in a .theme form, if I remember correctly, and then you just double-click them on the computer where it's installed.

jW

4. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

It appears the answer to my question is Yes and No.

Yes, I can download and install ShapeShifter, and apply themes without an internet connection.

However, an internet connection is required to ensure the theme is 'applied' properly. There are certain aspects of the theme it has to update, apparently. For example, a few of the themes didn't work correctly with the Spotlight or Bluetooth icon in the menu bar - I'm guessing having the internet connection to 'update/fix' the theme, when applying it, would correct this.