can i jailbrake 5.0

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by dawbrain, Nov 3, 2011.

1. dawbrain macrumors newbie

can i jailbrake i phone 4 on version 5.0 with firmware 04.11.8 and if so how .as i havent done anything like this for over a year thanks .

2. Jigga macrumors 6502

No wonder your search didn't work....

3. dawbrain thread starter macrumors newbie

can you explain what you mean

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

It's spelled "Jailbreak".

And no, you can't.

5. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

6. dawbrain thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks and im glad you.r not a teacher .will i stand in the corner

7. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

There's no jailbreak for iOS5 yet and that's really not something Macrumors supports anyhow :)

8. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

...yet they have a forum dedicated to iPhone Hacks...

9. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

are you kidding me?

----------

all your posts just tell people to post in the right section...your not a mod.

10. SurferMan macrumors 65816

huh!?!.... I have iOS 5 Jailbroken with redsn0w :rolleyes:

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Looks like your teacher is the one who needs to stand in the corner.:eek::D

12. Bahaa-AZ macrumors newbie

Yes you can jailbreak iPhone 4 version 5.0. There are a couple of stuff you need to know before doing so though. The jailbreak is tethered or semitethered. Tethered means that whenever your device turns off, you need to connect it to the computer and boot it from there else it won't work at all. Semi-tethered means that your device will run if it turns off, but without the jailbreak; in other words you will lose your jailbreak but your phone will run. Personally I heard a lot of bugs come with semi-tethered jailbreaks so I advise you to go with the tethered one and wait for the untether (you don't lose anything when your phone turns off then back on). I used redsnow to jailbreak my iPhone and I still use it to reboot whenever my phone turns off.

Here is a link to a tutorial of how to jailbreak 5.0. http://cydiahelp.com/jailbreak-ios-5-iphone-4-3gs-ipad-2-1-ipod-touch-how-to/

From what I understood, you already have IOS 5 running on your iPhone 4, so you dont have to go through the restoring process, you just need to open redsnow, click on jailbreak, follow the onscreen commands, and you'll be done (read in the tutorial for there are more details).

NOTE:
    I don't hold responsibility for anything, this worked for me and many others just fine, but you have to know how to do it and not mess up, so read the tutorial very well. If it's your first time jailbreaking an iPhone, or if you're not familiar with itunes and its function, I recommend you don't do it on your own, instead ask a friend who knows how to deal with iPhones well. Let me know how everything goes.