Can I jailbreak a 3.1.3 iPod touch 1st gen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by 55test55, Jul 9, 2010.

1. 55test55 macrumors 6502

Or do I have to remain on 3.1.2 to JB it? What's the best/easiest method of doing this? Thanks!

2. MaxMike macrumors 6502

on mine (1G, 16GB) i had 3.1.3 and i just jailbroke it. I saw a video on youtube that you use redsn0w 0.9.2, and then use the 3.1.2 firmware to patch it through. Somehow, it used the 3.1.2 to jailbreak 3.1.3, and now I am more than happy with my end result. Remember not to use Recovery Mode when doing it tough (redsn0w will tell you exactly how to do everything)

3. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks man, ill definitely check it out.

do they still have that app called finger gestures or something? where you can slide your finger left/right, up/down to change volume and songs?

that was great for the car!

4. MaxMike macrumors 6502

I don't know, I haven't even ever heard of that app (I having steering wheel controls in my car for volume lol). I am getting more involved with my iPod touch now since it's at the end of its software updates, so I wanna make it as best as possible. Like now, I am exploring what I can really do with jailbreaking, opposed to just using Installer back when I first got my iPod touch. But I am planning to get the newest upcoming model this year :D

5. Xanders92 macrumors newbie

Do you mean SnowCover Pro by EyeDevs (not SnowCover by Gilo)? That allows swipe gestures at the lockscreen for volume and changing tracks. That is one reason I regret updating to iOS 4- SnowCover Pro is not compatible yet :'( That was one of my favourite features