Can I jailbreak iPhone4 4.3 baseband 04.10.01?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nhpl, May 20, 2011.

1. nhpl macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just got a new iphone4 4.3 firmware 04.10.01. Is there anyway I can jailbreak it? Please help!!!!

2. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Yes you can def jailbreak. Baseband doesn't matter unless your wanting to unlock it. Go here www.iclarified.com ....good luck and read carefully!! Be a smart noob!! Welcome to the jailbreak scene!!

3. nhpl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! But what if I want to unlock it too?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Currently, there is no software unlock for the baseband you have on your phone. The only way to unlock it now is to use turbo sim.

5. hooter007 macrumors newbie

as said above use the turbo sim
    there is a new 1 coming out in the next week "Gevey Pro Plus" its a untethered version

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

The only to unlock is with Gevey SIM. However, last time I heard of it, it was said that you have to place a fraudulent (and very illegal) call to emergency services in order to get your phone unlocked. Not sure if that's changed but it doesn't seem worth it to me. Depends on how bad you need the unlock. You also may have to cut your micro-SIM slightly for it to fit the turbo SIM adapter. If you turn your phone off or lose service for a long period of time, you will also need to re-unlock and place another illegal call to emergency.

Hopefully with the new version we will not have to do any of these things.

7. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Congrat on getting a new iphone 4. Before you jailbreak, you need to read more before doing it.

8. Genesis6791 macrumors newbie

Iphone4 unlock

I recently unlock an iphone4 and took it to Panama. We tried to connect service there and they are saying that that baseband needs to be unlock. Is that with the gevey sin card? Or is there any other way to do it? His band is 04.10.01. Please any advise or assistance as to where we can go from here. You can email me at genesis6791@hotmail.com

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

How did you unlock your Iphone 4 before you take it to Panama? if your phone is factory unlocked, then baseband doesn't matter. All you need to do is to get the local sim card which has service and put it in. It should work.

10. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You were probably only jailbroken. Being unlocked and then claiming that you need to unlock it doesn't make any sense.

Use the Gevey turbo SIM to unlock the iPhone 4 and you'll be set.

11. Ninos4Mac macrumors newbie

Hey i am in the same situation here(iphone4, 4.3.3, 0.4.10.01I dont want to unlock mine. However if i jailbreak it will i still get signal? (bought it factory unlocked)

12. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If you bought your phone factory unlocked then it will be unlocked forever no matter what. Jailbreaking will not affect your unlock.

13. lvmybmr macrumors newbie

iphone4 4.3 firmware 04.10.01

I am trying to unlock and jailbreak an iphone4 4.3 firmware 04.10.01
    I purchased the Gevey supreme and it does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks so much!!!

14. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

depending on your location you need to look into H20. it is a prepaid plan on the At&t network. the cost is $60 per month with unlimited everything. it works on the iPhone and does not require a jailbreak or an unlock. and no calling 112 either! you can usually find it in Best Buy and other retailers.