Can i Jailbreak? (noob confused)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by KiwiLee, Apr 12, 2010.

1. KiwiLee macrumors member

I been happy with my Touch since i bought it, love it to bits. But with this weeks announcement of no multitasking on it even when OS 4 comes out i thought it be time to take a nosey at Jailbreaking for the first time.

But i confused as to all the posts and topics i read here as to whether i "can" or not? Mine is a Ipod Touch 2g 16GB (MB model number) currently running 3.1.3. Confusion is i see many posts saying cant jailbreak 3.1.3, yet other psost saying older touch's can jailbreak 3.1.3? Hence my noob confusion, if i can, could somebody point me to the right software and guide please? Seems so many options when you never looked into jailbreaking before.

And one last noob question please? *If* i jailbreak, will all my current paid for apps still work ok? Can i still update them as usual still? And will my MobileMe syncing still work all ok?

Sorry for dumb questions, thanks for any help. :)

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

You can, I have a 32GB 2G with 3.1.3 jailbroken, use redsn0w 0.9.4 and when it asks you to "Select the Corresponding ISPW for your CURRENT firmware" point it to 3.1.2.

If you are running a Mac I think you need Pwnagetool.

Yes your current paid apps will function\sync and update, don't use mobile me so can't comment but I doubt it will be a problem.

You can find Redsn0w and Pwnagetool HERE

3. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Just to clarify: redsn0w will work fine on a Mac, and MobileMe will work fine (I have experience with both).

4. KiwiLee thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys

Only i just discovered Redsn0w wont work on my old PPC Mac :eek::(
    I can use a PC at work to do it, but does it need to be done on same computer as mt itunes is on and synced too? Or will any computer JB it fine?

Thanks again