Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swindmiller

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
I bought a Gen2 off ebay with no remote. I have a Harmony 900 that had planned to use with it. Do I need the original remote to JB it or can I use the Harmony?

Thanks,
Scott

murdoc158

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2007
West Bend, WI
I'm using a Hamony One with an Apple Tv 3. Menu gets mapped to the Menu button on the Harmony, Pause gets mapped to the play and pause buttons on the Harmony.

swindmiller

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
I'm using a Hamony One with an Apple Tv 3. Menu gets mapped to the Menu button on the Harmony, Pause gets mapped to the play and pause buttons on the Harmony.

Thanks for letting me know. Do the button holds work on the harmony? Like if you have to hold the select button down on the apple remote for certain functions.

Thanks,
Scott

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
Do the button holds work on the harmony? Like if you have to hold the select button down on the apple remote for certain functions.

yes.

you might struggle with having to press 2 buttons at the same time though.

toreolav

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
I am having trouble get the Apple TV 2gen into DFU mode too.
This has worked without any major problems before, but this time it just wont get into DFU mode. I am now jailbreaking the last firmware, iOS 5.0.2, to get thr airplay mirroring to work. I have been reading all over the web and tried all sorts of tricks, without any luck.

The only thing that is different from before, is the mac I am running seasonpass on and that I now only have a Logitech Harmony remote.
I am now running seasonpass on a Macbook Pro Retina. I cant see how this could cause any problems though. I have jailbreaked my apple tv with the same usb cable before, so I dont think that is the problem either?

Only thing I am worried about is the Harmony remote, do I have to use the original silver remote? This was stolen, so I dont have this available.

Does it work to jailbreak with a Harmony remote? Haven`t got any real answers to this anywhere.

All help is highly appreciated.

swindmiller

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
You have to use the silver remote. I tried everything and finally went to Best Buy and bought the remote for $20.

toreolav

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
You have to use the silver remote. I tried everything and finally went to Best Buy and bought the remote for $20.

Thank you for quick response!
I have ordered the remote, so it will be in the mailbox tomorrow.
Hope I can finally get the apple tv into DFU mode then!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.