Carrier Can I just flatout buy a Sprint iPhone 7 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GizmoDVD, Sep 9, 2016.

1. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

Can I? Sprint won't allow me through their website and when i tried through Apple they told me to contact Sprint.

2. iindigo macrumors 6502a

iindigo

Unfortunately I don't think they're allowing preorders unless you have a contract. I use AT&T prepaid and it wouldn't allow me to preorder even when paying straight out, presumably because you need a SIM-free model to do that and those won't be available until launch (or some time after). Really unfortunate, I have no desire to lock myself down with a contract that's a way worse deal than what I'm getting with prepaid right now.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

IIRC, if you buy a phone from Sprint they lock it to their network.

4. sammyman macrumors 6502a

Wait a second. Aren't their phones unlocked? So if you buy one on a Sprint account outright, you should be able to use it on say, T-Mobile. Right?

5. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

The only unlocked phone you can get at the moment of pre order is the t-mobile, i was shocked and almost nervous lol but my instinct told me go to the tmobile phone.

6. sammyman macrumors 6502a

What!? That's crazy. But if you buy a Sprint phone outright, you can have them unlock it, right? Assuming your account has no issues and you're not on contract or anything.