Can I just walk in and buy an iphone5 in Durham?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheNorthWaves, Oct 4, 2012.

1. TheNorthWaves macrumors 6502

Guys, I've been waiting for all of the buzz to die down. There are 2 or 3 ATT stores and an Apple store in Durham NC. Let's say I want a 32/64 black. Any chance I could walk in and buy one, or do I need to wait another couple of weeks?

2. hkfan24 macrumors regular

Seriously man just call the stores to get accurate stock levels. It's your best bet

3. ncstatered21 macrumors regular

I live in the RTP area and am headed back that way on Saturday (at school). I called Apple at Crabtree and they say they haven't gotten ANY more shipments of ip5's since launch.

Also talked to a Verizon guy in Cary and he said from what he has heard there are NONE in the area.

I saw that the Radioshack at Crossroads in cary had a 32gb white. I would try Radioshack in your area.

4. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

You should speak with the people, whom can actually answer your question.

5. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

Didn't know Durham had its own Apple Store. Thought the only one in the Triangle Area was at Crabtree. Is it new?

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

7. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

yes, they have 37 in stock.....

how are we going to know...just call them

8. Cougarcat macrumors 604

No, the one in Southpoint has been there a very long time. I remember watching the unveiling of Expose there back when they'd broadcast keynotes in-store. Everyone ooed and ahhed over that, haha.

9. TheNorthWaves thread starter macrumors 6502

best buy mobile in chapel hill has 32gb white AT&T models. I'm pretty set on a black. Literally everything else I've tried in CH/Durham is sold out, I verified this by walking in at the Apple store at Southpoint. They were turning me and a lot of other people away. I guess I'll see what the apple store has at 10pm tonight.

10. richmds macrumors regular

Of course your in America you can walk in and buy anything.
    I cant comment about the wait time though.