Can I keep contacts when syncing with a new Exchange server?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rembixe, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Rembixe macrumors newbie

Hi,

I will shortly be changing jobs and bring my Iphone 3G along to the new job.

I would like to keep many of my current contacts which are on the phone (non business contacts).

How do I go about doing this so they don't get swiped the first time I sync the phone with my new employers Exchange server?

2. ILBandit macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure it will clear out all of your old contacts when you sync to the new server.
    I think you can download / save the contact files from your outlook at the current job. Just export them to a file. Then you could probably just import them into your new contact list at the new job. Just save them to a file, disk, or flash drive, etc.
    In the past, When I got my first smartphone that did EAS, I did this with my contacts from my home / personal outlook, then imported them onto my work exchange account, That way I had everything on 1 phone.

3. pkagel macrumors regular

My outlooked got wiped out when my GF crashed my computer. What can I do about having my contacts download onto my Outlook when I reinstall it.