Can I keep my 200 txt message option if I upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iflyfaster, Jul 1, 2008.

1. iflyfaster macrumors newbie

Hello every one... quick question.

My wife and I are looking to upgrade to the 3g next week. We currently have the Iphone data package that includes 200 txt messages for $20 per Iphone...The new 3g data plan (which is $30, doesn't have any TXT messaging...) Am I gonna have to get the new data plan AND the family TXT plan if I want to TXT.

Thanks for the help

2. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

$5 a month per iPhone for 200 texts

$30 for unlimited on all phones on account

note that texts are optional

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If you upgrade you have to get a brand new contract. Old data rate which includes the 200 txts go "bye bye." If you want txt with the 3G its gonna cost you extra.

4. Mo0st macrumors newbie

unfortuannly no =[.......everyone wishes that lmaoe.....yea hope for the aim app is free due, to it can be used for smsing freee =D..ahh cant wait for it ahhh =]

5. MSD401 macrumors 6502

MSD401

I believe you can also add the 5 dollar unlimited m2m texting (aka free ATT --> ATT texting) but you have to call about that one...

6. iflyfaster thread starter macrumors newbie

I just called ATT (twice)...they have no idea. The first person I spoke with was positive I didnt have to change anything as far as my plan goes. She said everything will be the same...txt, data, voice. Worthless.

The second person I spoke with said that the rate plans had not been announced yet for the 3g!!!!! Equally worthless.

From what I am reading...I have to get the new data plan for both phones (30 bucks a line) then add the $30 family txt option if I want txt. I have to get the family txt option!!!!! THAT JUST DOESNT SOUND RIGHT...?!?

7. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

i was just looking at the rate plans, free text have gone...

8. UWSpindoctor macrumors regular

They weren't really free. The original iPhone plans were just ATT's non-smartphone data and texts bundled together.