can i keep my wireless mighty mouse on forever?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bluedoggiant, Dec 27, 2007.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

like when im not using the computer, can i keep my wireless mighty mouse on so that i dont have to turn it on and wait for the computer to discover it? and when i turn my computer off, can i keep my wireless mighty mouse on? im using my grandma's wireless mighty mouse, but when she leaves back home, i won't have one, ill have my old mighty mouse that came with my Al iMac.

also, the squeeze function on the wireless mighty mouse is hard, i have to REALLY squeeze it, my normal one, no. and will i need a wired mouse anymore? for things like hardware test, would the computer recognize the wireless mighty mouse?

also, interesting discovery, a brand new mighty mouse will have the scroll wheel ultra white, and clean, but something you dont notice because it happens so gradually, the scroll wheel will turn yellow, really, you just dont notice it unless you compare to a brand spankin new on:D

2. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

I can't answer your questions but I'd also like to know the answers to these questions...
    I hope you don't mind me asking and hijacking your thread but I also wanted to know the following..

1. For someone with arthritic wrists and index finger and thumb on my right hand, would it be very uncomfortable to use?
    2. As above but does it need to be pressed quite hard to trigger the touch sensitive buttons?

subbing :)

3. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

dont get it

4. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

1. Leave it on, no problem,but get some rechargable batteries, the MM wireless goes through batteries at a crazy rate if your using the mouse a fair bit.
    2. The squeeze funtion is pretty stiff.
    3. the scroll wheel will change color the more crap it picks up, just clean it with a screen wipe now and then (as screen wipres are useless for the screens anyway), for cleaning the screen use a lens cloth, a damp one (just water) and dry right away with a dry lens cloth (free advise for lcd type screens ;) )

5. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

You posted while I was editing lol.
    It was a case of fingers before brain :rolleyes:

The squeeze is stiff. Looks like it won't be good for me then with my bad hands. Thanks