can i keep one email of mac.com / me.com / icloud.com ?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by sk3pt1c, Feb 11, 2014.

1. sk3pt1c macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

This bugs me like crazy, every time i compose an email i have a dropdown with multiple email addresses for each account.

Especially the old one which i've had since the days of .mac has @mac.com, @me.com and @icloud.com.

My apple id is assigned to the @mac.com address from back then.

But i can't just use that one to email.

I logged into my apple id on apple's site and deleted the alternatives but they stil pop up in Mail.

:confused:

2. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I'm unsure about @mac.com, but @icloud.com is an alias to @me.com - emails to both addresses are directed to @me.com.

3. sk3pt1c thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

it's just weird cause when you log in to your apple id, it has the other emails as "alternate email address"es and you can actually delete them, but i guess that does nothing in effect :mad:

4. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Login to the iCloud website. Go to mail. Click and gear and select preferences. Click on the composing tab. In the Send From section there should be a list of addresses. Uncheck all of the addresses that you don't want to use.

You may need to re-start Mail.app after that, but this should get rid of those extra address options when you're sending mail.

5. sk3pt1c thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

Holy ****! Thank you!!!!!!

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've had no problems using my .mac email address to send emails. I think it defaults to the iCloud which I don't mind but I'm able to use the .mac one.