Can I keep unlimited data on VZ and pay full price for my Pre Order????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jeff W, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Jeff W macrumors newbie

I tried pre-ordering an iPhone 6 plus via Apple's App on my phone (couldn't get the apple site to load) at 6AM on 9/12/14. I got a "reservation" confirmation telling me they would email me once I could complete the order because VZ's systems were down. At 1pm I got the email. However, when I tried completing the order using the link Apple sent me to their site, there was no option to pay full price for the phone and keep my existing plan. My only option was to select a new data plan. I DIDN'T do this!!! So, After a visit to the Apple store (since I was buying from Apple directly) I was told "it appears you can't buy a non-contract iphone for Verizon during a pre-order, you have to wait until launch day." DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE? Has anyone successfully paid full price during the pre-order for iPhone 6??????????

I have until Sunday to complete my pre order if i can get this issue solved. Thank you in advance.

2. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

If you have an upgrade available on the line then your only option through apple is to upgrade and lose unlimited. If you can order trough someone else's line who doesn't have an upgrade then you can preorder for full retail.

3. chocoyo00 macrumors regular

That is correct, you can't buy a non-contract Verizon iPhone during pre-order from Apple; however, I've successfully purchased one during launch day for the 5 and 5s, so that seems like the only option to keep unlimited data.

4. Dmal99 macrumors 6502

you can easily buy full price iPhone 6 and keep unlimited i did it twice last night.

just go online and select "see full price option" and "keep current plan" on the verizon site, just ditch the apple website

5. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

How?? I tired this and it kicks me back to 199 and asks which line I would like it to be on? (all my lines are out of contract)

6. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

You have to do it on VZW's site, not Apple's site or the app.

7. wxman2003 Suspended

On verizon web site, click upgrade. select the line you wish to upgrade. Next select new phone. Select show full price. Select the full price option, add to cart and checkout.

8. macblitz macrumors member

macblitz

As others have already mentioned, it is possible on verizon's website.

I did it before. apple store may or may not work.

9. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

Will not let me, If i go to the "no contract" list of full price phones.. Select iPhone, kicks it back to 199.

Or, if i "upgrade" my line.. no option to pay full price

10. christof macrumors 6502

I want to make sure I have this right. Even though you're upgrade eligible, you were able to wait in line at Apple Retail and purchase the iPhone full price and keep unlimited data with no forced plan changes?

Do you know if an active equipment order on the phone line (albeit at full price through Verizon) will disallow me from buying at Apple? For example, could Apple say: "you already have an iPhone 6 showing as ordered on this device, so we won't fulfill your second order."?

11. Dmal99 macrumors 6502

are you sure you are using the verizon website? also its hard to see the full price option, its a little text only sentence you have to click

12. Lyshen macrumors 6502

I don't remember who, but someone posted about a way to purchase full price (device only) from VZ website without a VZ account.

13. chocoyo00 macrumors regular

I have been upgrade eligible during the last two iPhone launches, I wait in line and just state that I wish to purchase a Verizon phone for my Verizon account at full price, they won't change your plan and you'll keep your unlimited data.

As far as what others have said, you can also order the phone through Verizon at full price, but IMO I rather buy it directly from Apple. Last year I had an order on my phone line with Best Buy available for pick up on launch day, but I decided to still get it from Apple and cancel the Best Buy order afterwards.

You're paying full price, it doesn't matter if you order one from Verizon, one from Best Buy and still get one from Apple, the only bad thing is having to wait in line. Good luck!

14. christof macrumors 6502

Thanks. I'll give it a shot: gold iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB is gonna be tough to find, I hope not. I haven't waited in line for iPhone at Apple since iPhone 3G. I'm hopeful that I won't run into any issues since I already have a preorder in queue through Verizon. I'll just quickly cancel it, and hopefully, that'll move things along.