Can I learn Python programming on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ghost31, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

so my laptop is a on the fritz and Im planning on waiting until sky lake comes before buying a new MacBook, but I really wanna learn Python programming right now and have heard a few places it's doable on an iPad through mobile development environments like pythonista.

Just wondering if it's possible to get a good grasp of Python programming on an iPad and to actually be able to make things? Has anyone else done this?

2. akimoriRyuuji macrumors regular

akimoriRyuuji

Do you have a bluetooth keyboard? If so, then maybe, but otherwise, you'll not want to program on an iPad.
    The Logitech K480 would be a good one to check out. It has different channels for different devices, and an easy insert slot to stand up your iPad sans a case.

I can't really say because I haven't programmed on my iPad, but I wouldn't. It's not going to be an optimal experience. You're better off taking notes and studying a Python book rather than trying to program on your iPad.

3. Epiphron macrumors regular

There's an app called Pythonista that lets you program in Python and has all sorts of tutorials. I have it on iPhone, should be on iPad as well

4. Ghost31 thread starter macrumors 68000

Ghost31

yep! I use the apple wireless Bluetooth keyboard. I couldn't program on just the screen alone

5. Ghost31 thread starter macrumors 68000

Ghost31

I've been hearing about this one quite a bit lately! Have you used it? I just downloaded it. Now I just need to find a good Python tutorial I can study and get started