Can I lock the iPhone to require passcode immediately?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tumbleweed666, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

My iPhone (6.1, jailbroken if it helps ...) has lock after timeout set, but what I'd like is the ability to lock it in such a way, if I choose to do so, that it requires the passcode to be entered immediately upon "wakeup", rather than only after the timeout has passed.

Is this capability there but I'm missing it, or is there a JB tweak or similar that enables this?

Thanks

2. DefBref macrumors 6502

3. Tumbleweed666 thread starter macrumors 68000

No that doesn't do it, because the phone doesn't require a code to be entered unless the timeout has been reached.

What I'm looking for is;
    Phone requires passock to be entered after a timeout,
    Phone requires passlock to be entered anytime, irrespective of timeout, after I do something.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yes. Settings - General - Passcode Lock - Require Passcode. You'll see one of the selections is Immediately.

5. Tumbleweed666 thread starter macrumors 68000

:D

OK, I'll rephrase - is there a quick/simple click way of doing this?

I'm thinking of (say) double click the sleep button, long hold on home, something along those lines. Something to indicate that I am putting the device to sleep now, and this particular time, I want a passcode upon wake.

Seems it can't be done. Mildly annoying.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Sorry I wasn't clearer. The steps I described are a one time change to the settings. After that, you press the sleep button once to put it to sleep. When you wake it up (even if it has only been one second) then you must enter your password.

Edit: Oops. I just realized what you want. I'll leave this here anyway but it won't do what you want.