Can I make Lion look like OS 9?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by discofuel, Feb 28, 2012.

1. discofuel macrumors 6502

For nostalgic reasons I'd love to make my MBP look like it's running mac os 9.

Anyone know if there's a theme for lion? I've tried searching in Google but can't find anything.

Thanks!

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Nope. Theming to that level isn't possible in OS X, and never has been, although Lion has made it even more difficult than previous OS's. Most I've ever seen is changing colors and button shapes, and even those changes can be tricky and usually break with each update.

jW

3. MagnusVonMagnum macrumors 601

MagnusVonMagnum

It looks like "Flavours" could do it, but I don't see any OS9 themes. That's too bad. It had awesome window buttons. I do see a System 7 theme there and the Aqua Jaguar theme looks pretty sweet (and might be needed to make Yosemite look tolerable). Sadly, there are a LOT of "flat" themes on there designed to make current OS X versions look like the awful eye sore that is Yosemite. There's just no accounting for taste, I guess. ;)

4. Manic Harmonic macrumors 6502

Wth I thought I responded to this... Anyway, there is an is 9 theme flavours.
    http://store.interacto.net/flavours/toprated?tag=79
    Obviously that won't make it look exactly like os 9 though. I suppose you could use dragthing to make an os 9 style dock and align it to the left side...

5. MagnusVonMagnum macrumors 601

MagnusVonMagnum

Dude, that's SWEEEEET. Will Flavours work in Yosemite? As long as it works there, I'm in. :D