Can I make my (main) desktop move in Mission Control?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Jord5i, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Jord5i macrumors member

Hey all,

I have been searching, but without luck, in how to getting my main desktop to be move-able in Mission control. I got rid of dashboard a long time ago (didn't like it), and I would prefer if I could move my desktop between two full screen safaris. Just like I would be able to if I made a second desktop.

Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Thanks

2. chriscl macrumors 6502

chriscl

You just want to change the order of the screens in Mission Control?

Can't you just click (+hold) and then drag them to the order you want them? (so, "main desktop" in between two full-screen apps).

That's all I've done, although you'll find Mission Control often reorders the Desktops based on the frequency of use.

3. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

If you want to stop the automatic reordering, unselect "Automatically rearrange spaces based on most recent use" in System Preferences > Mission Control.

4. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

It still won't allow you to move "Desktop 1" from the first location (I just tried). The OP wants to flank "Desktop 1" with two Safari windows in fullscreen mode.

5. Jord5i thread starter macrumors member

Jup that's what I am looking for, sorry if I wasn't clear enough on that.

6. Jord5i thread starter macrumors member

7. slrandall macrumors 6502

As far as I know, none exist. I'd love to have iTunes just to the left of my main desktop, but it doesn't seem to be possible.

8. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Why not just create a "desktop 2" which you can drag between the two Safari full screen desktops, and use desktop 2 as you main desktop. Nothing says you have to use the original Desktop 1.

9. maxosx macrumors 68020

10. Jord5i thread starter macrumors member

That's the solution I am going with for now. I know it works fine, but this is one of those little things I would prefer.

11. Norrin macrumors newbie

similar problem

i can't move my desktop 1 either. i'd like to put desktop 2 in front of it. i opened up all my desktop 2 apps on desktop 1 and now want to reorder them.

all the other desktops reorder. for some weird reason desktop 1 won't. can't imagine why it'd deliberately be made this way....