Can I make ringtones in Garageband?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bella827, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Bella827 macrumors newbie

I just bought the 3GS today, and I thought I had read threads in this forum about being able to make ringtones w/my mp3s in Garageband some time ago. Mainly with songs I have not DLed directly from iTunes of course. Could anyone tell me how? Honestly I have never had an idea what to do with garageband so far.

2. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

yea. they have to be less than 40 seconds and set to loop. There is a share option that exports it to itunes as a ringtone. I made a bunch they are in my public folder = dconca

3. NateDMB macrumors regular

NateDMB

Bring in whatever song you want from the media browser in Garagband. Then cut it down to less than 40 seconds (this can be whatever portion of the song you choose). From the "share" menu, send the ringtone to iTunes. Next time you sync your phone, make sure that the ringtones are selected for synching. I'm pretty sure that's all you have to do.

Enjoy.

4. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

5. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Correct if I'm wrong here, but you can also do it in iTunes as well? :confused:

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You're part wrong.
    You can make your purchased music into ringtones in iTunes.

GB lets you take any old MP3 and make it a 40 sec ringtone.

7. arcticmonkey227 macrumors member

In iTunes, take the clip of the song you want by setting the start and stop time in the Get Info menu. Then, select 'Convert selection to AAC' which will take your clipping and make a new audio file. Open this file in the finder and change the extension from .m4a to .m4r. Delete it from iTunes (making sure you select Keep File), readd it to iTunes, and Wa-Laa! free ringtones