Can I make safari "free scroll" like it does on the iphone?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eyespii, Apr 22, 2008.

1. eyespii macrumors 6502

I love the way the Safari works on the iphone in that when you finger scroll around a page, the page will sort of free scroll on its own for a few seconds before it stops. Are there any extensions/plugins/settings for Safari to emulate this while scrolling on the macbook/macbook pro touchpad?

2. glasserp macrumors regular

http://www.marcmoini.com/sx_en.html

This will do the trick. It's $20 though. I used the demo version for a while and really liked it. In fact, I still wish I had it, but after it expired I didn't feel it was worth the money. If anyone knows of any alternatives though...

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

hehe, firefox 3's default "smooth scroll" works like that on Mac, but most people, including me, consider that a bug....

4. eyespii thread starter macrumors 6502

i've tried firefox's "smooth scrolling", and it definitely doesn't work anywhere near as nicely as it does on the iphone. it sort of goes a little bit past where your fingers stop, keeps going for a little bit, then abruptly stops. The "feature" in firefox actually makes it difficult to scroll precisely.

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

"difficult to scroll precisely" is indeed just my impression of iphone and iPT....:)