Can I make the iPhone look like this ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Darthdingo, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Darthdingo, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011

Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

I am possibly thinking of going to a Verizon iPhone, once there is a good untethered jailbreak released.

I am on a rooted EVO and love to mess around with different themes and widgets, etc...Would I be able to setup up with moving wallpaper and transparent widgets to get close to my current setup ?

Here is a pic of my home screen, nothing too different than stock, I like to keep it clean and simple.

[​IMG]

2. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

There are several "Video/ Live" wallpapers available thru an app called vWallpaper. Or you could just create your own by putting a mp4 video into a theme folder and naming it properly... There are a few threads here one the subject plus several videos on Youtube... There are themes such as Glaskart with transparent icons/ widgets... Whatever you can't find you can mod yourself if your handy with an imaging program, that's the best way to make your phone truly unique . I use Paint.net. I usually rotate at least 3 - 4 different themes on my phone to keep from getting bored with it...

3. THE dAY macrumors 6502

Have a look through this screenshot thread, lots of diff. custom setups, some coming very close to your's.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1044175

You can also use those exact images if you want, just take those images off your phone and use them on the iPhone. You'll just need to resize the canvas probably.

4. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

@Darthdingo, I think the effort will be more difficult for you on an iPhone. Don't get me wrong, I'm a jailbreak user, but I don't think it's as simple as on an Android phone.

Was there something you didn't like about your Evo?

5. Darthdingo, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011

Darthdingo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool thanks for the info.

No I actually really like my EVO, I just like to change things too fast. I go about 9 - 12 months with the same phone before I get the major upgrade itch. Had the EVO now 8 months, looking for something fresh and new.

But most likely will just wait it out until June, will decide between the iPhone5 or EVO2

So is jailbreaking an iPhone4 and putting custom themes and widgets on there, as easy to do as rooting and installing custom ROM on Android ?