iPad Can I manage my jailbroken iPhone with a jb iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by georgerussos, Oct 4, 2014.

1. georgerussos macrumors member

Hey,
    I'm a uni junior student. So long story short I got a MBP when I got into my school instead of an iPad but turns out my courses never require typing essays and such and in my 3 years I've only typed like 2 essays. So I decided that, since I only use the laptop to surf the net and watch shows, maybe I could sell it, so I put it online and I got a nice price and with the money I can get, I can get a new iPad and there's also money left for a new iPhone. Now, I know that there are apps for nearly everything a college student might need and I'm also intending to buy the Apple keyboard, but my devices are jailbroken and I was wondering if there was a way to manage my iPhone files on an iPad in any way, like a file manager app? Like iFunbox on my laptop or things like that.

2. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

If you're specifically looking for jailbreak solutions, you'd probably have better luck posting this thread in the jailbreak forum. Report your post and ask a moderator to move it to that forum if you wish.

Otherwise, I can think of at least one app that can do what you want without the need to jailbreak: Documents, by Readdle. It's free, it can be mounted on a computer as a removable disk over wifi, it can send and receive with other iOS devices through Airdrop, and it can interface Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and Microsoft OneDrive (iCloud Drive support was recently added as well). It can natively open PDFs, ebook formats, and media files, but it can store files that it can't natively open as well. Files held in Documents can also be opened in other apps.

It's probably my #1 or #2 most-used application on my iPad. I can highly recommend it.