Can I mirror image my iPad to my TV?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by firemedicmark, Feb 5, 2012.

1. firemedicmark macrumors 6502

I have the HDMI adapter & I'm able to watch youtube, Netflix, but can't surf web, etc...how can I have everything show up on my tv?

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Mirroring is only available for the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S (without jailbreaking, anyway).

3. iPhalandrew macrumors member

Not everything

If your not trying to put the entire screen up you still can use AirPlay on your iPad 1 to do pictures and videos.

4. firemedicmark thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok I know this is the iPad general section...but how can I do if JB'd

5. firemedicmark thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone please?

6. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Is your hdmi adapter anything like this? Because according to the Apple website this adapter supports the first iPad. It should work without jailbreaking. The jailbreaking method would be if you wanted to do wireless mirroring.

7. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I had my doubts about that AV adapter, but I did eventually get one and it works beautifully. I don't have an Airplay compatible TV, so when I buy TV shows or movies on iTunes (we're cord cutters), I often just hook my iPad or iPhone up to the TV and stream it over Home Sharing to the TV. Picture and sound quality are terrific.

8. sim667 macrumors 65816

You dont need an airplay compatible tv. Just an apple tv connected to whatever tele you've got

9. firemedicmark thread starter macrumors 6502

I can get tv shows, movies, YouTube to show up on my tv.

But what I'm looking for is my tv to mirror EVERYTHING on my iPad. I want to browse the net, or play games and have them on my tv. How could I do this?

Thank you

10. Cheebo macrumors member

Hook up a Apple TV (They are $99) to your TV. Your TV can then mirror your iPad.

11. firemedicmark thread starter macrumors 6502

I have an apple tv huh I'll just have to figure out how to do it lol

12. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

You won't necessarily be able to mirror everything, no matter which iPad you own. Some apps, such as HBO GO, will not allow you to mirror at all.

13. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I'm a cord cutter and I need Hulu Plus--for me, that's a huge strike against Apple TV. I have a Roku box that works beautifully for HuluPlus, Netflix, and some other stuff too, but it won't play iTunes media so I have the HD dongle for that purpose.

One thing I'm not sure of--can you AirPlay the HuluPlus app from an iPhone/iPad to an Apple TV?

14. sim667 macrumors 65816

Ah tbf I just use plex, I have it on my apple tv.