Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-::ubermann::-

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2006
i have a canon SD750 and i installed the solutions software, bad idea.
the apps are powerpc, they are so damn slow they hardly let me do another things in my computer.
now i tried to use them but they just freeze my computer and don't import photos, the solution disk sucks so much.
there is iphoto but i don't like it, it's so resource-hungry too and it's actually more difficult to manage photos with it
back when i had my old cybershot DSC-S80 i connected in to my computer and it just mounted as an external drive in any OS
now i removed the software and i turn in my SD750 and it happens nothing :mad:
if iphoto can get the pics from there, how can i mount it to browse my pics? i just want to manage them with the finder

hodgjy

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
Look in your camera menu to see if you can set USB mode to "storage." This should enable you to use the camera as a disk. The camera software that they come with often does this on the fly for you through some magic, but you should be able to manually override it.

Also, you might consider just using a $10 card reader that plugs into your USB port. I do this and use Image Capture (comes with Mac OS X) to import my photos that way. Very easy and quick ans saves on camera battery juice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.