Can I move app data to different ios devices?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kirsch92, Dec 9, 2013.

1. kirsch92 macrumors member

Just bought my kids ipod touchs for christmas.

They each have various games scattered between my iphone, my wifes iphone and ipad.

Is there a way to move their saved progress from our devices to their new ones, or will they have to start over since these games are logged into game center under my acct and my wifes?

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

They'll have to start again. Frustrating, but only way possible.

3. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

You can use programs such as ifunbox, iexplorer & itools to name a few which allow you to backup the save data. I prefer itools.

4. kirsch92 thread starter macrumors member

Ok great. I'll check those out. thank you

5. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

Or if the game support iCloud saves or Documents & Data via iCloud you can log into your iCloud address on the new device to transfer game saves :)

6. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

When you browse an app the save data is usually in the documents folder. So you back that up then copy it all to the same location on another device. I generally just backup everything just to be on the safe side.

7. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

iTools is GREAT! It will work fine.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The easiest way will, unfortunately only work for one device. The fact that their games are "scattered" is a bummer.

But if you can pick the best device, back it up to iCloud, restore their new device from that backup, and then rename the phone in its settings, log out of all of your accounts and erase apps they don't need.

The other answer above may give you the ability to take data from multiple devices, but this method is probably the easiest.

9. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Don't listen to this advice. What you want to get is iTools. Plug in each device and use the backup feature to back up "App and Document" to the computer. When you have them all backed up, plug in the device you want them on and "install" them. It will install the app as well as all data associated with them. If it is a paid app, it should be fine as long as the Apple ID is the same.