Can I move purchased Apps from Touch to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by imgonephishin, Jan 11, 2009.

1. imgonephishin macrumors regular

Hey All. I've had an Touch for a little over a year now and love it. But when my cell phone contract expires in June, I think I'm going to make the jump to an iPhone.

In the last year, I've probably spent over $100 at the app store on various apps/games for my Touch. Can anyone find confirmation about whether I'll be able to move all of my purchased apps to the iPhone? Obviously, it would be ideal if I could sync both devices and run the apps on both, but I'd be completely fine if I can just transfer them to the iPhone. I've searched everywhere but can't find an answer.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

2. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Assuming that it does (which it probably does), it will probably work the same way iTunes handles songs, in which you can most likely sync apps to multiple devices if you use the same iTunes account and library.

3. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

myfriend shares an apps library between two iphones. As long as its under the same itunes account you should be able to.

4. ougum macrumors regular

Without a doubt, you can do it. As others said, just make sure you connect your iPhone to the same account as your Ipod touch.

5. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

yeah it will work, you can even restore the iphone from a backup of your touch instead of setting it up new and all the settings will transfer too. (at least it worked with 1st-2nd gen touch)

6. Volka macrumors newbie

Yes, you can.

When I plugged my iPhone 3g into iTunes it automatically copied all my Apps across (that were installed on my 1st gen iPod Touch).

7. imgonephishin thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!

Thanks for the confirmation, everyone. That's what I wanted to hear!