Can I not sync my iTunes library to my iPhone if I use Apple Music?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Taustin Powers, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

So I've been using Apple Music. Since I play a lot of music in my car, I like to "save offline" on my iPhone, so I HAD to enable iCloud Music Library.

Now I have an old Christmas Music song collection on my computer, that I only put on my iPhone around Christmas time. Now it seems like I can't sync it to my phone anymore, because iCloud Music Library is enabled.

When I first enabled iCould Music Library, it merged the Apple Music stuff with my existing library. Was this just a one-time thing? Can I now never sync music from iTunes anymore without losing my Apple Music downloads?

2. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Correct, with iCloud Music Library enabled you can no longer sync w/iTunes. As far as that xmas collection, once uploaded to the cloud you only need download it to your iOS device when needed. But its always available.

3. Paco II macrumors 65816

Make sure you have iCloud Music enabled on iTunes on your computer so that all those songs there sync to iCloud. Then you'll have access to everything from any Apple device you have.