Can i order a BTO macbook in-store?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Chris916, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Chris916 macrumors member

is it possible to place an order for an i7 512 16GB in-store and pay with cash as opposed to ordering online?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

I don't think so - if you want a BTO it has to be through the online store.

3. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I don’t think so either, they will direct you to one of their display computers so you can place the order online. You can have it shipped to the store for pick up though. Just put it on a card and pay it off right away to avoid interest charges..... or if you don’t have one have someone do it for you and give them the cash up front.... some people such as myself have rewards cards and would love putting that amount on it.

4. Chris916 thread starter macrumors member

Dang. I need to use cash to purchase one and want to get an i7 512 16, looks like im out of luck. Id gladly give someone the cash, but just moved out here for work, so that would be kind of weird to ask someone i dont really know too well lol. Are all of them BTO except the base models? I do need at least the 512 and 16, could do the middle processor if needed.

5. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

If you do choose to give cash to someone to put on their credit card - make sure its someone you know very well. Do not hand cash to some random person in store - they can order in front of you, go home and cancel or dispute with the bank.

6. Cricketman macrumors regular

Can't you buy an Apple gift card or Visa Card with the cash and use it to buy online?

7. Chris916 thread starter macrumors member

The prepaid visas usually have $500 limits. The apple gift card says $2000 limit. Will i be able to use 2 of them? I dont want to be stuck with a $2000 gift card if i cant. Thanks for the replies

8. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Yes you can use up to eight gift cards per transaction.

9. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

https://www.apple.com/us-iphotoprint/shop/help/payments

Don’t read too much into the “iphotoprint” string in the URL. That page provides all the payment options for all purchases via the Apple Online Store.

1. Get enough Apple Gift Cards to complete your purchase, but can’t be more than 8 cards in total per order.
    2. Use those cards to complete your online purchase.

10. Chris916 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the replies. Ended up just ordering one on my debit card. Didnt want to, but i was scared that if i didnt like it or whatever that id be stuck with $2100 in apple credit by buying gift cards.