Can I Orientation Lock Just "Specific" Apps and Not All of Them?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconman515, Jul 11, 2010.

1. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

There a few apps like Pandora, Messages (yes I don't like messaging in landscape) and a few others that I want them to stay locked in Portrait view...... BUT..... not lock portrait to ALL other apps!

I still want to view my Safari, Mail and a few others in Landscape when I want.

BUT I cant just lock a specific App then close that app and open another without that orientation lock carrying over to all other apps.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help guys.

2. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

3. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

That's the feature I'd love to have, too. I would prefer the portrait mode most of the time, but I'd like to be able to view photos and watch YouTube videos in landscape mode. It's a bit of hassle to disable the orientation lock just for those two apps every time.

4. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

The only way to get this to work would be to provide feedback to the developer of certain apps as they can add this as a setting without much hassle. Though that doesn't really fix your problem with built-in apps.

Apple should implement a setting page, like the new one for location services, that shows the apps that have switchable orientations and provides a slider switch for you to toggle them on or off, as well as the preferred orientation when locked. As iOS matures, expect more fine grained controls and settings.

5. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I could have swore on the beta releases this option was possible!

My friend paid 100 bucks to be a Dev. and get all the apple fun stuff and when he got the iOS4 beta second to last GM we were at the bar and we tried it... and we locked an App in portrait and then went into Safari and it went landscape... then went back into that app and it stayed portrait!

What has happened... Why in the world would it work before and not now?