Can I pay for my Pre Order Seperate?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EmbraceTheOne, Oct 6, 2011.

1. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Quick question. Can I pay for my pre-order separate than my bill?
    The Bill goes to my mother, and is X dollars a month. Im on her family plan, etc etc.

I'll be the one paying for the iPhone 4S myself, And It'll be under my own Credit Card. Is this possible? Putting it on my own CC, And not onto the Account bill?

Also, When I pre-order, I only get charged the 199$ for the phone, And not the additional monthly fees (insurance, data, etc)..right? All I want to be charged for on the CC is the Phone.

Hope SOMEONE understands my question.
    Thanks!

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

It depends on if you are going to order via:

1) Apple
    2) AT&T
    3) Verizon
    4) Sprint

They all have different policies, I would suggest if you want accurate information you call your carrier. (not Apple, they only make the phone)

3. EmbraceTheOne thread starter macrumors 6502a

On Verizon!

4. JLemm macrumors regular

you'll get charged the $199 plus tax, I think mine came out to like $212 last year you can charge it to any credit card, then the upgrade free(if you have one AT&T is $18) gets charged to your bill.

5. EmbraceTheOne thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well Verizon doesn't have an Upgrade fee, So I'd only get charged the 199?

Awesome!

6. JLemm macrumors regular

$199 + tax so around $212

7. EmbraceTheOne thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alright thank you!

Not sure If you have the answer, I dont know which Insurance Plan to go with yet, Is it possible to get Insurance AFTER i get the phone? I won't get insurance when I order it, But Am I able to Put insurance on it after i activate it?

I read online I have 30 days to add insurance. Just curious.

8. JLemm macrumors regular

verizons insurance is a scam with iPhones, it's cheaper to just get apple care!

9. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

The only problem I can think of, without any experience, is that they might want the name on the card to match the account.

Verizon still gives you the choice to bill to the account, and you could then pay a portion of the bill on your card in a store.

I just don't want you to get hit with the name not matching thing, which I obviously don't know if it happens or not. Hopefully someone can pipe up on that!

10. JLemm macrumors regular

and if you go the applecare way if you want AppleCare+ you have to buy it the day you get the phone (i think) but if you just want basic applecare incase something happens to the phone thats NOT your fault then you have 1 year to get the regular apple care

11. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I agree, you pay monthly AND then have a deductible. Either get square trade or the new AppleCare+.

12. EmbraceTheOne thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I'll be buying the phone under HER account. (She's the Owner of the account, So I'll be logged into her account purchasing the phone). I'll be ordering it under my upgrade, And I can't get the phone unless i purchase it. (Ofcourse…. :p)
    So It'll be under her account, But I'd enter my own credit card.

I guess I'll just wing it tonight at 3:01est. If I can use my own CC, Awesome.
    If not..Gotta risk going to the store later in the day, Possibilities of it being sold out :(