Can I pick up my phone at UPS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Clevans, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Clevans macrumors regular

So, I ordered my husband's 6 plus a month ago, it shipped last week.....then we got hit with feet of snow. Yes, I'm in the buffalo, ny area (lucky me). The phone made it to the local UPS yesterday morning and has been stuck there since. There is no expected delivery date at this time. We are not under any travel bans or anything. If the phone was able to get there and be scanned in, there must be people there, so would I be able to call ahead and go pick it up? I don't want to make my husband wait until next week if he doesn't have to since the phone is about 10 miles away

2. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I would call UPS and ask. I know you can pick up if you missed the delivery, but I don't know if you can arrange pick up prior.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

For sure call first and confirm they will be able to find it and get it in your hands. You know that UPS has got to be a mess, too!

Never seen so much snow on you people!

4. RCRod83 macrumors regular

RCRod83

You have to call. In normal circumstances, pick up is usually only available after the first attempt.

Given the weather conditions, UPS may make an exception.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

If you've signing up for UPS MyChoice (and the shipped doesn't disallow it) you should be able to change to pickup @ the UPS customer center even before a delivery attempt.

I was able to do this with my iphone6 ordered from Apple in late October. Changed delivery to pickup since I can easily go to UPS during lunch and wouldn't have been home that day anyway.

6. Clevans thread starter macrumors regular

I forgot that an acquaintance works at the UPS I wanted to pick the phone up at. He said that they have trailer upon trailer to unload. The trucks were able to somehow get there, but employees were snowed in at home and today was their first real day of work since Monday. I figured I would let them get things under control and my husband will just have to wait. Unfortunately, neither of us will be home the first days of the week next week when they *hopefully* will attempt delivery and I will just end up picking it up anyways. We live in a Main Street in the village of our town and I'm not too comfortable having it left, as there is a lot of foot traffic past our front door

7. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

What I normally do is watch the delivery, and the day it's coming, I leave a note for then UPS guy to leave it with my neighbor. I live in a condo, so it's easy for us to do this. Perhaps this would work for you as well…..:)

8. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

You should either be able to redirect it for pick up at you UPS before it goes out for delivery. I did that as I was afraid my driver wouldn't leave it at my house and I couldn't get out of work to hang around and wait for it. If you don't have the option on line to change it - call them and they can reroute it to stay at their site. You'll need to bring ID for the pick up.