Can I play Zelda Skyward Sword on my Mini?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by felixen, Nov 23, 2011.

1. felixen macrumors 6502a

I heard of the Dolphin emulator for Mac, but I don't know how well it works. I would love to know if it is good, works with new games and also will run on my Mini (2Ghz intel core 2 duo, 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3) which is like 2-3 years old.

I would test it myself if I had some of the equipment, but I need to buy the game, controller and the wireless motion bar thing first, so it's kinda a lot to spend if it doesn't work properly. What do you guys think?

2. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

So you want to spend $40 on a controller, $50 on a game, and then $20 on the "bar" for a wii just to emulate a wii on your mac mini?

Why not just spend $150 right now at Target.com and get it all + a wii and be done with it?

http://www.target.com/p/Nintendo-Wi...dv_xasd0001&AFID=Performics_BFAds&LNM=Primary

3. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

I already had a wii and sold it. I really don't want to play anything on it except for this Zelda game. Besides we don't have quite as good bundle deals in denmark, so I would have to pay more here

4. brentsg macrumors 68030

Not to mention that Dolphin should help clean up that forced standard definition widescreen issue that Zelda suffers from.

5. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

Just an FYI: Zelda also requires the WiiMotionPlus attachment for the Wii Remote.

I've seen Wii games play fine in Dolphin on a 2.9GHz Athlon X2. Not sure how that relates performance-wise to a 2GHz Core 2 though.

6. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm maybe I should try and install it and see if I can find some demos to test it out with

7. dylin macrumors 6502a

dylin

hmm but what about the integrated graphics chip. Isnt the 9400m pretty weak for gaming?

8. goMac macrumors 603

Still probably better than what the Wii has.

The overhead is mostly going to be PPC->Intel emulation. Dolphin ran a lot better on PowerPC.