Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SarahKirschbaum

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2016
I sold my iPhone 7 to a gun/pawn shop. They didn't want any of the accessories.

can I plug in the iPhone 7 Lightning earbuds into iPhone SE? Is there any danger in doing so? want to verify this before I actually plug it in.

Thanks! :)

JamiLynee

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2014
The PNW
Are you talking about the actual earbuds or the earbuds with the adapter?

Not that it really matters. They will work all the same

SarahKirschbaum

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2016
It works with my iPhone 6

Now I just need to find a plug to permanentely plug up the iPhone SE headphone jack.
I know what you're saying, but the iPod nano 7 has lightning but the lightning earpods won't work.

yeah... plugged it into the Apple TV remove's Lightning jack
and there was no sound coming from the Lightning earbuds. :(

Reactions: Shanghaichica

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I know what you're saying, but the iPod nano 7 has lightning but the lightning earpods won't work.

I stand corrected. I understand them not working when plugged into the Apple TV box but I have a friend who I am pretty sure she told me her iPod Touch worked with her lightning ear buds. I have emailed her to confirm.

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2014
Lightning EarPods works on any devices running iOS 10.

I've tried on an iOS 8 device and the device just doesn't care if they are plugged, it will output sound from the speaker.

I've also tried on an iOS 6 device and it does the same thing except that it actually give you a prompt to warn you that this accessory is not supported.

Reactions: Newtons Apple
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.