Can I Pre-Order tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YouGoGlenCocoa, Sep 8, 2016.

1. YouGoGlenCocoa macrumors member

hello everyone. Please forgive me if i sound like an idiot. Ive previously only waited in line at an apple store for a release ive never ordered online. Do i have to stay up late tonight to order or can i order one from apple's website tomorrow? I wasnt sure if they run out of stock within an hr, or two hrs, or a day?

If anyone can provide any help it is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

I think I've ordered middle of the night and also when I first got up in the morning and have always gotten it on release day.

Although I feel more confident if I know I order in the middle of the night.

3. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

no one knows. iPhone 6 were all gone in minutes.
    iPhone 6s lasted a few hours, some models were still available in the next morning, or noon (pacific time)

but i bet this year it may not be like 6s, but definitely won't go anywhere near 6.

4. YouGoGlenCocoa thread starter macrumors member

I surely appreciate your help, thanks for not making fun of me!

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Where are you? Preorders go live at 3am Eastern, 2am Central, etc. if you want to be guaranteed your exact color/storage combination, set your alarm, preorder from your carrier or Apple, then go back to bed.

Last year many ordered much later in the morning and still received the phone they wanted on day one, but some did not. Some are saying supplies are more constrained this year, and I'm betting the new black colors will go fast.

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I'm going to guess that the iPhone 7 will sell out of pre orders in matter of hours I say.

7. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

When I pre-ordered my iPhone 6, it was the following morning after the midnight pre-order and was able to pick it up the day after its release. Not sure how it will turn out this time...

8. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I would also assume the stock will last at least a few hours. It's not a huge overhaul so I would guess it won't be a phone to sell out in minutes! However, I will be up at midnight (west coast) to pre-order just to be sure!

9. Stlcheer macrumors 6502

I agree the others who said it might sell out in a few hours. If you wait until tomorrow, the phone you want might not be available.

10. YouGoGlenCocoa thread starter macrumors member

11. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

iPhones used to sell out in literally minutes. Times have changed though.