Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noah82

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
Here's my situation. I will be in Miami for business until Thursday the 24th. I have a 12 noon flight heading from Miami to Southern California. In a perfect world, I would just preorder the phone from the Apple store in Miami, get there an hour before store opening, be out by 10am, and off to the airport for a cross country trip with my new toy.

Things don't always work as planned. The line might be extremely long, there could be traffic, or I could have to put in some extra hours at work that day.

My question is...I have 4 iPhones on my family plan. 3 are not planning on upgrading to the iPhone 4, so do you guys think I will be able to reserve one in the Miami store and another one (on another line) in a So Cal store so that I am guaranteed to be able to pick one up on launch day? If so, what will happen to the other one that I do not pick up? Will I still be charged for it? Thanks for the help in advance!

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
Here's my situation. I will be in Miami for business until Thursday the 24th. I have a 12 noon flight heading from Miami to Southern California. In a perfect world, I would just preorder the phone from the Apple store in Miami, get there an hour before store opening, be out by 10am, and off to the airport for a cross country trip with my new toy.

Things don't always work as planned. The line might be extremely long, there could be traffic, or I could have to put in some extra hours at work that day.

My question is...I have 4 iPhones on my family plan. 3 are not planning on upgrading to the iPhone 4, so do you guys think I will be able to reserve one in the Miami store and another one (on another line) in a So Cal store so that I am guaranteed to be able to pick one up on launch day? If so, what will happen to the other one that I do not pick up? Will I still be charged for it? Thanks for the help in advance!

Um, once you order one somewhere, your line will be upgraded, and your contract will show that you have renewed it. So unless you plan to buy one at subbed price, and the other at full price, this is honestly not a really good question.

noah82

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
I was under the assumption that your line is not upgraded until you actually pay for and activate your phone, so honestly I am not asking for your input to the quality of the question that I have asked.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
I was under the assumption that your line is not upgraded until you actually pay for and activate your phone, so honestly I am not asking for your input to the quality of the question that I have asked.

Think you took it the wrong way but ok. Once you pay for one of them in the store, your contract is renewed at that time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.