Can I put AppleWorks on an intel mac?

Amy2005

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
North Yorkshire, England
Hi

I have a PowerPC iMac and my friend has just got a new intel mac and I was going to put AppleWorks that came on my mac onto theirs via my USB memory stick. Is it safe to do this or is AppleWorks that comes on a PowerPC not compatible with intel?
I was going to put Office on for them but I have used up all my 3 installs.

Thanks
Amy

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
I don't recall getting Apple Works with my iMac. You get a demo of iWork, but no Apple Works. It's probably a good thing, Apple Works is a pretty poor app. I bought it when I got my 1GHz PB, and it seemed outdated even then.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
SpookTheHamster said:
I don't recall getting Apple Works with my iMac. You get a demo of iWork, but no Apple Works. It's probably a good thing, Apple Works is a pretty poor app. I bought it when I got my 1GHz PB, and it seemed outdated even then.
True yet its still better then nothing. I also have a few things I would like to bring over from PPC and Appleworks is one of those things. Apple should have updated it in my view. I guess Apple decided not to replace it or update it?

grahamtearne

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2006
Dont Hurt Me said:
True yet its still better then nothing. I also have a few things I would like to bring over from PPC and Appleworks is one of those things. Apple should have updated it in my view. I guess Apple decided not to replace it or update it?
Try NeoOffice, similar to Microsoft Office, only free. Much better than Apple Works.

Graham

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
Amy2005 said:
Thank you. It will proberbly be on the bundled software cd that came with their mac i think.

Thanks
Not with the Intel Macs. Only TextEdit, Office for Mac Test Drive and iWork 30 day trial.

I installed an older, (or should I say current), version of Appleworks on my MBP and it works fine, but merely takes up disk space as I never use it.

Still not tried Appleworks as a drag and drop transfer though.