Can I Put Eyetv in a browser?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by corry20, Nov 22, 2011.

1. corry20 macrumors regular

I have Eyetv HD hooked up to my macbook pro.I have a the iphone eye tv app also.At work I have a windows PC I want to be able to watch my tv from home on my windows computer at work is this possible?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You'll need to have an EyeTV tuner to watch tv on your PC. If you want to watch your home TV on your PC at work, you'll need something like Slingbox:
    http://www.slingmedia.com/

3. corry20 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks I thought I maybe a work around I could do.

4. jmcgeejr macrumors 6502

jmcgeejr

I have tried this, as elgato has a web client that actually works for the mac, it's call live3g or something, however even with using safari in windows it doesn't work.

5. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

EyeTV has a built-in web client, iirc. (That's actually reused by the iPhone app.) There is documentation available.

It looks like live3g helps you get through firewalls, although you could do it without that by fiddling with your firewall. There look to be more details on how to manage your firewall linked from there as well.

Now... I haven't tried using it on the PC. And jmcgeejr says it doesn't work. I'm betting there is a way to make it work, though.

6. jmcgeejr macrumors 6502

jmcgeejr

Although I am not a programmer I would consider myself a major tinker'r, I have bypassed all the firewall stuff and directly accessed the media via IP, however it seems that it looks for the OS and such in the header from safari, I have tried to modify those manually but it just hangs. I am not sure what the transcoding method is for the web page.

7. corry20 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks I will look into it.

8. ReggaeFire macrumors 6502

You should be able to do it on a PC, via the live3g.elgato.com website BUT you may have to change the user agent on your web browser to report as Safari 5.1 Mac (it may or may not work with Safari for PC).