can i put my Hard disk from 1 Macpro in to another one?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aquacam, Nov 2, 2012.

1. aquacam macrumors newbie

Hi, strange question, but i have a 15 and a 13 inch macbook pro both are only 6 months old. I droped my 15 inch on the street in a water!!! i imediatly cleaned opend and dried it with a hairdryer but no live so far ..... then i got my HD out of it and cheked it, no problem on the HD i can read everting on my other Macbookpro.
    Now the big problem is that i had to leave out of the country a few houres later, i took the 13 inch that worked with me and also the HD from the 15 inch.

But the 15 inch is the one i need for daily working al my edeting programmes etc are on that ...
    So if i change the HD will the 13 inch just look like my 15 inch or am i thinking to simple?

Thanks in advance for your answer a desperated editor

2. makaveli559m macrumors 6502

I switched the harddrive I had from a 2009 to a 2010 but had some issues like it would freez up if I let it wait too long on the log on screen but when I logged into it I had no issues.

3. Idefix macrumors 6502

Hair dryer isn't adequate to dry it out.

Buy a big bag of rice and put the closed laptop into a large, closed container with the rice, which will suck all the moisture out of it.

But it's probably dead...