Can I put my iPhone apps onto another iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewIphone, Feb 17, 2009.

1. NewIphone macrumors member

Hi everyone,

Ive got an iPhone 3G with some paid apps. Is it possible for me to connect another iPhone onto my PC and sync it with the apps?

Thank you!

2. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Yes. The apps will work on any iPhone (or iPod Touch) that's synced with any computer that's authorized on your iTunes account. That is to say that not only will they work on another iPhone (or Touch) that's synced to the computer your current iPhone is synced to, but if you have another computer/s (up to 5) you can load the apps on those computers and sync them to iPhones (& Touches) as long as those computer(s) are authorized on your iTunes account. The best part is that not only will it work, but it's legal on those (up to 5) computers, and iTunes (the iTunes Music Store, really) won't let you authorize more than 5 computers on your account.

3. Private Dirt macrumors regular

Private Dirt

how do you authorize a computer? i mean the only pc I use is the one at home, so is it as simple as plugging the phone into another computer?

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Any computer, whether PC or Mac, can be authorized via your iTunes account. My off-duty supervisor has the exact same apps/music/videos/movies as I do, but she deletes the ones she doesn't want via iTunes; and I delete the ones that she's downloaded that I don't like on my iPhone...:cool:

5. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

Not quite. You can either authorize another computer so that iphone can use the same apps... or else you can just simply plug the second iphone into your computer...

to authorize i believe you just open itunes, go to "Advanced" and it should say Authorize..

6. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I believe authorization takes place under the "STORE" tab. You can authorize/deauthorize computer(s). Remember to take off or deauthorize old computers, that way you can always utilize the (5) authorized computers...