Can I record my screen 16:9 on MBA 13"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by RealityM, Jun 26, 2017.

1. RealityM macrumors member

RealityM

I use Camtasia to create screencast videos. An advantage of MBA 11" is the native 16:9 aspect ratio. I'm leaning toward the 13" so I'm wondering about this "aspect" of my decision. Thanks.

2. kohlson macrumors 68000

You can set Camtasia to create the workspace at that ratio in the Project Settings. You can always set up your content to fit on screen within an actual area.

3. RealityM thread starter macrumors member

RealityM

When my MBP died I switched to a iMac 21.5 with an external monitor. It became so much easier to record Keynote presentations with the new setup. I recorded in slideshow mode fullscreen on the 21.5 while my current slide/next slide was on the external monitor.

If I get a MBA 11 then can do it the same way. If I go with a MBA 13, recording full screen becomes more complicated. I realize that this is not brain surgery and it's been figured out before. I want to simplify my workflow and it feels like going to a 16:10 screen takes me a step backward.

4. flottenheimer, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017

flottenheimer macrumors 65816

flottenheimer

Yes you can. Use a utility such as SwitchRes X, Eye-Firendly, EasyRes or one of the many others to change to a 16:9 mode. Then use QuickTime (or Camtasia, I guess) or another dedicated screenrecording-app to record your screen.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 28, 2017 ---
    PS: Just tried out ResXtreme http://resxtreme.com - it is free, and perhaps not has user friendly as some of the others. But it works perfectly. It is running 1920x1080 (standard 16:9 HD) on my 15" MacBook Pro right now.