Can I register a gun that does not have papers?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kingsly, Jul 11, 2006.

  1. Kingsly macrumors 68040


    My grandma just gave me a Winchester 62 that was my late grandpa's. It doesn't have any papers or anything, but I can easily make out the serial # on the receiver. Will the ATF (or whoever does that) still register the weapon?

    Also, can I even import this rifle into california? Its a pump action .22 repeater. I would imagine so, as I've seen much scarier weapons for sale in cali.

  2. krimson macrumors 65816


    Oct 29, 2003
    Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    im not an expert, but a .22 pump action should be fine. As long as you are 18, and you file a PPT (Private party transfer) papers through a licensed firearms dealer (w/ FFL) it should be fine.

    I suggest going into a local firearms store and asking them. your grandma will probably have to send it directly to the dealer, unless you're going to go pick it up and bring it back.

    edit: also try the Cal Guns forum

Share This Page